- Absolute transparency > With its 360° reflection angle measurement, it reduces reflections whatever the light incidence angle on both surfaces of the lens for a visually more transparent lens for both the wearer and the observer.
- Durable resistance > With the High-Resistance Technology™, Crizal® Sapphire™ HR is up to 70% more scratch resistant compared to its previous generation(1).
- Easiness-to-clean > With its smudge resistance properties, Crizal® Sapphire™ HR is 3 times easier to clean after extensive smudging when put in comparison to other premium competitors(2).
- UV protection > With its E-SPF35™ index, Essilor® offers the highest level of E-SPF® a Crizal® coating can provide in a clear lens(3).
The best anti-reflective coating overall(4), reducing light reflections coming from all angles.
Innovation in service of transparency
Crizal® Sapphire™ HR is the result of years of R&D research, which brought the best anti-reflective coating overall(5). It offers protection from reflections that come from both sides of the lens, in order to provide eyeglass wearers with adapted solutions to their needs.
Consumers are always at the heart of Crizal®’s innovations
Essilor® researchers have aimed for no compromise when developing this highly transparent and durable anti-reflective coating. Crizal® Sapphire™ HR has been designed to withstand the daily struggles of eyeglass wearers, so that they can enjoy lenses that stay clear and clean in the long run(6).
|Crizal® Sapphire™ HR|
|Varilux XR Series||Yes|
|Varilux Physio 3D||Yes|
|Varilux Comfort Max||Yes|
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) Internal R&D measurement – 2020 – compared to Crizal® Sapphire™ 360°
(2) External laboratory test - 2020 - compared to the competitor most known lens-brands by consumers (2019 external brand tracking in 11 countries).
(3) Compared to lenses with E-SPF25™ index in the same measurement conditions. Back-side UV reflection is weighted by the UV risk function W(ƛ). E-SPF35™ index means that 97.2% of the UV reaching the back-side of the lens are not reflected; a tolerance of -0.5% is applicable.
(4) External laboratory tests and internal technical tests in 2020. Compared to the most known lens-brands by consumers (2019 external brand tracking in 11 countries). The word ‘overall’ refers to consumer expectations about anti-reflective coatings, ranked through a quantitative consumer study run b y an external institute in 3 countries.
(5) External laboratory tests and internal technical tests - 2020. Compared to the competitor most known lens-brands by consumers (2019 external brand tracking in 11 countries). The word ‘overall’ refers to anti-reflective coatings important criteria, ranked through an external quantitative consumer study - 2019.
(6) External laboratory test – stain release test – 2020.
(7) Available with Crizal® Rock™ and Crizal® Sapphire™ HR
(8) E-SPF® is an index rating the overall UV protection of a lens,developed by Essilor International and endorsed by third-party experts.