- Perceived instant sharpness at all distances, even in-motion
- Felt reactive and confident when moving
- Felt adapted by the first day
Varilux® XR series™ - Personalisation measurements
In addition to an accurate prescription, personalisation of the complex surface of the varifocal lens is needed to deliver full performance. Indeed, personalised data will ensure the most accurate design calculation.
Personalisation options across the product range
|Varilux XR Design
|Varilux XR Design short
|Varilux XR Fit
|Varilux XR Track
|Varilux XR 4D
|Varilux XR Pro
|Eyecode + dominant eye
|Mono PDs + Mono FHs
Upgraded Near Vision Behavior measurement
Powered by behavioural artificial intelligence and individual measurement, Varilux® XR track and Varilux® XR pro lens upgrade the predictive visual behaviour profile for a personalized one. Beyond adjusting the position and vertical extent of the near vision zone, those lenses also extend the near vision width according to patient behaviour.
— Better sharpness at very near
— Easier access to the near-vision zone
— Better vision comfort on digital devices
— Better reactivity in motion
Up to +25% near vision width according to the patient’s need, for a long-lasting comfort in close-up vision.7
NEW H3D+ postural protocol
Our visual needs have evolved, mostly due to our increased use of digital devices, especially smartphones. In addition to the current four head positions of the H3D protocol (left, right, up above and down below), the newH3D+ process includes an extra head diversion by using a smartphone. This additional parameter reinforces the far vision natural head
posture, contributing to accurate centration measurements.
— Securing the far vision posture
— Strengthening the lens centration recommendations
Frequently Asked Questions
Varilux® XR series™ lens was recognized with the prestigious Silmo d'Or award in the "Vision" category
At the 2023 edition of Silmo in Paris, the second largest trade optical fair in Europe. Every year, the SILMO d'Or awards showcase the pinnacle of creativity and innovation through the diversity and richness that characterizes the optical industry.
Powered by behavioral artificial intelligence, this new breakthrough innovation further reinforces Varilux®’s position as the number #1 progressive lens brand worldwide5 .
With Varilux® XR series™ delivering +67% volume of broadband vision vs competitors premium progressive lenses on average6 and 79% of wearers experiencing better overall vision compared to their current progressive lenses7, the jury acknowledged the high performance of this innovation.
The XR-motion™ technology allows to optimise both lenses according to the visual behaviour profile of the patient8
The XR-motion™ technology allows to optimise both lenses according to the visual behaviour profile of the patient through two major optimisations :
- taking binocular vision to the next level
- precise positioning of the focus zones
A new criterion, named volume of broadband vision, calculates the 3D area where the wearer can benefit from a highly sharp vision on any visual target, even while moving, with a seamless ocular navigation between 30cm and infinity9.
+49% volume of broadband vision vs Varilux® X series™ lens10
Contact your business development manager in order to discover more.
- As reported in Essilor R&D simulations – 2022 – calculation based on lenses measurements weighted by the level of importance of each criteria for progressive lenses declared by users (Quantitative Consumer study - Ipsos - Q1 2022 - BR/FR/IT/UK/US - n=4000 progressive lens wearers).
- Peter H. Schiller, Edward J. Tehovnik, Neural mechanisms underlying target selection with saccadic eye movement. Progess in Brain Research, Elsevier, Volume 149, 2005, Pages 157-171.
- Eye-responsive defined as the consideration of two parameters in the design of the progressive lens: prescription and visual behavior.
- Varilux® XR series™ – in-life consumer study - Eurosyn – 2022 – France (n=73 progressive lens wearers)
- Euromonitor International, 2022 data; Retail value amongst spectacle lenses category, brands representing progressive lenses
- Based on comparison with relevant high-end progressive lens designs of relevant competitive brands. Comparison tests were conducted using EssilorLuxottica R&D proprietary state of the art digital simulation tool. More information here.
- Varilux® XR series™ – in-life consumer study - Eurosyn – 2022 – France (n=73 progressive lens wearers). More information here.
- Objects distances defined in a 3D environment as a function of gaze direction thanks to gaze lowering and accommodation exclusive models.
- Volume of broadband vision is the volume of space between 30cm and infinity having: 1/ A binocular acuity loss lower than 0.15logMAR (eq. to a binocular visual acuity of ~ 8/10) 2/ A power disparity lower than 0.15D 3/ A resulting astigmatism disparity lower than 0.25D.
- Internal R&D simulations – 2022 – vs Varilux® X series™ lens
© Essilor International - May 2023 - All rights reserved. Varilux®, Varilux® XR series™, XR-Motion™ are trademarks of Essilor International.